The Executive Committee plays a leading role within the Blue Mountain Chapter and assumes the following responsibilities:
- Bring the Blue Mountain Chapter together at quarterly meetings in order to socialize, discuss matters of importance, and conduct the business of the Chapter.
- Hold monthly meetings of the EC to conduct the business of the Chapter.
- Raise money to help fund various projects of the Blue Mountain Chapter.
Mission Statement. The Blue Mountain Chapter of Oregon Rural Action is a community-based, grassroots organization dedicated to challenging injustice and to bringing about social change. Our mission is to organize people to increase their collective power over decisions that affect their lives. We work together to create healthy, sustainable communities, environmental stewardship, and a truly democratic society.
If you would like to join the BMCEC, please have a look at the following and email Blake Galbreath (Chair, Executive Committee) at firstname.lastname@example.org:
POSITION DESCRIPTIONS FOR BMC OFFICERS
- Understand, appreciate and desire to further the mission and goals of ORA.
- Be aware of and-work in some capacity on ORA issues and/or projects.
- Be accessible to other officers and ORA staff as needed.
- Engage in fundraising in whatever ways are best suited to the individual.
- Help mediate problems/conflicts that need fixing or issues that must be addressed.
- Provide leadership and be an ambassador for the organization in the community.
- Plan agendas for and preside over chapter meetings.
- Call the officers together when needed, and preside over the meetings.
- Act as a principal spokesperson.
- Coordinate outreach to members for meetings and events.
- Ensure follow through on assigned tasks.
- Preside over membership meetings in the absence of the Chair.
- Act as a spokesperson in some circumstances.
- Attend and participate in officer meetings.
- Assist with outreach to members for meetings and events
- Sign financial forms and instruments as necessary.
- Manage receipt of income and ensure that all funds are properly deposited and disbursed in a timely manner.
- Prepare financial reports for membership meetings.
- Oversee the preparation of an annual budget.
- Provide leadership on fundraising.
- Record and distribute the minutes of chapter and officer meetings.
- Maintain organizational records.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of officers, committee chairs, etc.
ORA Board Representatives (2):
- Attend ORA Board meetings. (If unable to attend provide advance notice to the alternate.)
- Facilitate communication and coordination between the Blue Mountain Chapter and the ORA Board on issues and organizational matters.
- Faithfully represent the Blue Mountain Chapter’s interests to the ORA Board, and make sure that important BMC matters are brought to the attention of ORA.
Traditionally, the BMCEC meets once per month and holds a quarterly meeting, for a total of sixteen meetings per year. This is true for the Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary/Treasurer positions.
The Board Representative, on the other hand, has a larger time commitment, as this position doubles as a voting board member. Therefore, the Board Representative dedicates time to both the BMCEC and to fulfilling board duties. For more information on the functions of the Board, please see the BOD page.
Please click here to see the minutes of the Blue Mountain Chapter Executive Committee.