Oregon Rural Action is a 501(c)(3) membership-based community organizing nonprofit working to promote social justice, agricultural and economic sustainability, and stewardship of the region’s land, air and water. We’re bringing people together to build strong communities by providing information and tools for local people to use in addressing the issues affecting our communities.
Oregon Rural Action would not exist without our wealth of involved members who work together to develop successful campaigns and are actively creating the kinds of communities they want to live in.
Your membership in Oregon Rural Action allows you to…
- Participate in trainings and meetings, including our Annual Convention;
- Vote on issues to help determine the direction of Oregon Rural Action;
- Receive our quarterly newsletter, The Furrow, filled with updates and pertinent information on the issues that affect you and your community;
- Receive timely action alerts with opportunities to contact our legislators and other public officials;
- Benefit from staff support and assistance;
- Keep in touch with others who care about the same projects that you do;
- Stay well-informed on issues that impact Eastern Oregon’s beauty and livability; and
- Have a more powerful voice in decisions that affect you and your community.
An Oregon Rural Action membership helps your organization…
- Earn a matching grant from the Western Organization of Resource Councils for meeting membership expansion goals;
- Get the attention of lawmakers by representing a significant number of Eastern Oregonians;
- Develop more powerful tools for communicating with you;
- Produce and publish useful and effective media, such as The Furrow and issue fact sheets
- Have funds to meet overhead and compensate dedicated staff;
- Be more favorably considered for grant assistance in light of our growing membership; and
- Bring useful & inspiring workshops and trainings to your community.
Please join us! Become a member now online.